Take a private, independent three-hour class that covers your specific questions, is tailored to your needs and interests, and is scheduled at a time that works for you. Every class is different because every family is different. This is not your typical hospital class!
Email Julie (at) WellPregnancy.com to register for a class that fits your schedule.
Julie Brill, CCCE, CLD, IBCLC brings twenty-eight years of experience teaching childbirth classes to her work with you.
Classes emphasize that birth is a normal, natural event that can be tremendously empowering and are suitable for families who are pregnant with their first child, planning a VBAC, looking for home birth preparation, or seeking a refresher.
Tuition is $350. Check with your health insurance to see if they will reimburse you.
Classes can cover:
- How to optimize your healthy pregnancy with nutrition, exercise, and stress reduction during pregnancy
- Stages and phases of labor
- Comfort measures, contraction rituals and doula tricks for labor including positions, massage, breathing, hydrotherapy, aromatherapy, focal points, affirmations, verbal support, rebozos, birth balls, peanut balls, and hot/cold therapy
- Skills for partners: labor support techniques, doula tricks and communication
- Informed consent, advocating for yourself during labor, and birth plans, including a birth plan consult if desired
- Complications, interventions, and pharmaceutical pain relief
- Indications for cesareans, cesarean procedures and recovery, gentle cesareans, and avoiding an unnecessary cesarean
- Introduction to breastfeeding
- The postpartum period
- Choosing a provider and place of birth
- Plenty of time for practice and questions
"We all come from a long line of grandmothers, going all the way back to the beginning of time, who have successfully given birth. While you labor, remember that your body know what to do as well as your grandmothers' bodies did. And your baby knows how to be born. He or she is part of that same ancient line."
- Julie Brill, CCCE, CLD, IBCLC
"I had a healthy baby girl and while it didn't go exactly as hoped, it was a great experience overall, and your class really helped! I had to be induced unfortunately, but we were able to use many of the techniques you taught us, and the nurse even commented that we were great partners throughout. At some point I needed medicine, but it had almost if not completely worn off by the end, so I was able to really feel and experience pushing and delivery. Along with my son's birth, it was one of the best days of my life. Thank you again!!"